Saturday, June 9, 2012

An Overdue Book Review

I am so sorry it has taken me along time to read this book. First it was because I had a family emergency and second because I went on a trip. Well I hope you enjoy!

Title: White Jenna
Author: Jane Yolen
Publisher: A Tor Book, First published by Tom Doherty Associates.
Date of publication: August 28, 1990 was the first publication, January 5, 2004 was the second publication
Pages: 272
Synopsis: Jenna was the White Queen. Skada was the Dark Queen. She is bound to Jenna-the other half of Jenna's self. Drawn out of a mirror by a rite of magic, a "dark sister" is confined to the dark. She vanished in day light it is in this world the dark sisters wait for moonlight or lamplight to call them forth again. This is their story of myths turned real, ordinary people turned heroes, a land inside out by the coming of White Jenna. 
How I rate it: 4 out of 5 Stars
My thoughts: I rate it 4 out of 5 stars because it had a bit more action compared to the last book. Somethings I liked was that it had fantasy, action, and some romance. I also liked the fact that the romance did not over coward the rest of the story. I liked the idea she had for the story. One thing though that occurred through out the book that I did not like is that she put myths, legends and stuff like that intertwined the story. I liked it, but it got boring because I wanted more of the story. 

No comments: